GCVA is a channel to rally the Cincinnati tech community through promotional and educational startup-oriented programming.
We believe Cincinnati has the resources to be the premier startup destination in the Midwest. Everything GCVA does fosters this sense of community. Our leadership consists of young, entrepreneurial volunteers involved with several of Cincinnati’s startup organizations giving us a pulse of the region’s strengths and needs. Our brand takes pride in being “socially unassuming” – meaning everyone is welcome! Looking to dip your toes in #StartupCincy? Check out our morning events, Breakfast Club and Joe Thirty. Student coder looking to hack? Come to our “CTO Day” events. Angel looking for investment opportunities? Well, come to everything! See below for more details.
(during Innovation Alley)
- Most Inspiring CEO – A CEO who is continuing to push the limits of his/her company, making real traction not just just PR noise, and is an inspiration to other entrepreneurs.
- Best Up and Coming Investor – Nomination is for someone actively investing in early stage companies in the region, that is well known throughout the community and doing big things! Must be someone who is making waves in the investment scene and has been in Cincinnati no more than 10 years.
- Best Pivot – Which company most effectively took real market data and shifted their technology to fit a customer base that immediately began buying its products/services.
- Best Mentor – The best startup mentor person is simply “great”. They are a coach, cheerleader, enforcer, and teammate that is helps their team(s) achieve success.
- Biggest Technology Leap – Technology is changing the world. This category is all about technology that seems to defy understanding and will be the future once the world catches up.